The force is strong with you. But you still have much to learn. Read on to become a management professional!
Management lessons from the Master. Darth Vader himself!
Hire and onboard the right people
- If he could be turned, he would become a powerful ally – Get the right people
- You have only begun to discover your power. Join me and I will complete your training. – Show them the path to growth!
- With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy – Encourage the new joiners to become team players!
- The emperor will show you the true nature of the force. He is your master now – Show the new joiners who is the boss!
Keep an eye on competition
- From my point of view, the Jedi are evil
- “Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well.” – Accept that enemies (competitors) do a good job at times!
And on client’s interest
- “I am altering the deal. Pray I don’t alter it any further.” – Always keep the client’s interest in mind!
- “Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral.” – Small hiccups on the way are no challenges! Bash on regardless!
- “Luke, you do not yet realize your importance.” – Don’t ignore the underconfident
- “Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.” – Find innovative ways to motivate the team!
- “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” – Ensure that the team has a shared vision!
- You may dispense with the pleasantries, commander. I am here to put you back on schedule. – Focus on the goal!
- “I hope so for your sake, Commander. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.” – Put the fear of super boss in them!
- The emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation – Be realistic about deadlines
- “Be careful not to choke on your aspirations.” – Keep over ambitious team members in check. Force choke the duck out of them!
- “You have learned much, young one.” – Praise the team!
- “This will be a day-long remembered.” – Celebrate success
- “You are unwise to lower your defenses.” – Celebrate, but don’t get carried away!
When things don’t go as per plan
- Don’t fail me again, admiral. – Allow people to make mistakes
- “Apology accepted, Captain Needa.” – Accept when a team member makes mistakes!
Make tough decisions
- “He’s as clumsy as he is stupid.” – Accept that not everyone is a leader!
- “You’re asking me to be rational. That is something I know I cannot do.” – Accept your own mistakes!
- “You have failed me for the last time.” – Game over!
- That name no longer has any meaning for me – Don’t waver after tough decisions
You have begun your journey. Now it is time to fulfill your destiny by my side young one! Keep a look out for more management lessons – Star Wars style!